Sunday, January 18, 2009

On doctor's advice


Dear Kate
As you will know, I'm practically a doctor and am prescribing a dose of chocolate for you to eat every day.  Brand and type are immaterial, although the benefits of eating dark chocolate are becoming a mainstream belief.
I enjoyed seeing your milk bottle butterflies this afternoon.  I don't know whether you remember the mobile I made for Tom at our last house?  It was a milk bottle mobile - inspired by -- was it Hugo's or Archie's? -- that I saw at your house in New Zealand.  Anyway, it had milk bottle butterflies.  They looked great but they nearly killed my butterfly cutter - did you have any problems pulling them out?  Mine didn't seem to cut neatly, I recall, and it was a bit of a pain.
I hope you're feeling better tonight.  I'm still not 100% and look forward to what will hopefully be a quiet week at home.  It's interesting to read your take on letter-writing.  I actually have most of the letters you've ever written to me - as with letters from the rest of the family.  I have trouble throwing them out.  They're a record of our lives up until the point of email.  In fact, I even printed out a few of the early emails, especially when Tom was born.  Some day I will work out a good way of collating these letters, but for now they're in a series of boxes.
Speak soon.
Lots of love always,
Lucy xoxoxo
PS I've posted my yummy chocolate brownie recipe, in case you're interested!

No comments: