Sunday, January 18, 2009

Milk Bottle Butterflies

Dear Lucy,

It's really hard getting into the habit of having two blogs - I think you are a succour for punishment having three, it must be like having an extra mouth to feed except that the extra mouth wants to suck from your creative mind, in a really nice way of course. If you read my last post you will see that I have been sick so the creative process has slowed down a bit. I have had lots of constructive time staring at the ceiling visualising ways to cover felt vases in resin.
I hate writing in the form of a letter. I am just not a letter writer. Every now and then I force one out but I would almost prefer to lose contact with someone than write to them. I find it so hard to use my voice in it because something in my urges myself to be my most polite version and it just stultifies me. Then you are besieged by the vision of an actual person reading with a smirk, screwing their face up if you utter the phrase, "utter the phrase" or something like that. Writing a letter challenges my every insecurity so this is fun for me.
Anyhoo, enough of the whinge. Not much felt making this week apart from starting on a felt bird necklace, however, Archie and I did make a discovery. You can use paper-cutting stamp things, you know what I mean, on milk bottle plastic. Very exciting... our floor is littered with translucent butterflies as though they all flew in one night to our warmly lit house and promptly died. It makes me think that I had better get onto my next felt vessel so I can stick felted birds or butterflies to them... and then hopefully sink them into resin.
Love you like I do my toes,
Kate xxooxxooxx

No comments: